All too often, companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary.

In big corporations many companies hire outside consultants to advise them on how to run the company more efficiently. To me, this is a big waste of money, and the company may not be satisfied with the end result. Consultants work with a "one-size fit all" model, where as, not all companies and companies' employees operate in the same framework.

Instead of hiring outside consultants, companies should survey the employees to see what they think need to be improved within the company. Not only will the feedbacks be more valuable, since the concerns are coming directly from the source; the employees will also feel valued. This is a positive reenforcement attribute. When employees feel that corporate takes into consideration of what the employees have to say or suggest; it encourages them not only to become loyal to the company but also work harder.

Outside consultants may deal with improvement issues everyday from companies seeking out their expertise; however, corporate employees still know what is best. Not only for the company, but for themselves as well. Employees know what changes are needed within the company because they are the people that aid the company's success.

Also, with the money saved, companies could start an incentive program for the employees to further encourage them to do their best for the company. For example, in a cosmetic company; the employer could set up a reward program to stir competition among the employees. The person who meets the sales goal for the quarter gets a vacation package for 2. This reward system not only motivates employee to work their hardest, through fostering friendly competition; but also help to innovate ways for employee to reach not only their goals but also the employer's goals.

I think in any work environment, the employees will know best what suits their needs and what makes them productive. When people feel that they are valued, they become loyal and are likely to dedicate themselves to their work. It gives them an incentive do and to be the best. At the same time, the corporations can save money.