Argument Essay:->The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures

Argument Essay:->
The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc.
"A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks are strong enough to last for two years. We have always advertised our use of the Endure process, but the new study shows that despite our socks' durability, our average customer actually purchases new Dura-Socks every three months. Furthermore, our customers surveyed in our largest market, northeastern United States cities, say that they most value Dura-Socks' stylish appearance and availability in many colors. These findings suggest that we can increase our profits by discontinuing use of the Endure manufacturing process.".....
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The author’s argument that to increase profits, use of Endure manufacturing process should be discontinued seems to be tenable at first glance. However, conclusion relies on assumptions for which there are no clear evidences.

To begin with, author considered that there is no need to continue Enduring Manufacturing process because the new study reveals that customers are purchasing Dura-socks in every three months. This evidence weakens’ the argument because it does not justify that the customers purchasing socks again and again is only because they are less durable. It is possible that people who bought these socks hand over these durable Dura-socks to some of their other family member because socks with this durability may be not available in their city. It is reasonable that the people who are purchasing these socks are only because they are more likable to other family members, living in other cities, where Dura-socks are not available.

In addition to it, author provided an argument that Dura-socks corporation marketers had done a survey to conclude that most of their socks are sold due to their latest stylish appearance but not due the to durability. But argument is fulfilled with lack of evidences because it is possible that people who were buying these socks again and again works in some modeling or advertisement firms. It is obvious that in such type of firms it is required to change cloths in such a way that each and every cloth should be matching for advertisement. If debut actor is wearing black color shirt then he has to wear trouser, shoes, socks and all other accessories according to his matching shirt. This can be the reason due to which customers were buying socks again and again.

Furthermore, author provided a major argument that to gain profits it is required to discontinue enduring process, however, author did not provide any evidence or statistics which shows that companies whole profit is based on this Enduring manufacturing process. Company’s profits are always dependent on various major factors like labor cost, maintenance charges, customer satisfaction, productivity and quality of the product. These all factors are directly proportional to each other. If any of these factors got affected then a downward slope in revenue graph will definitely occur. If Enduring Manufacturing process is discontinued then it will affect the quality of the product because it will decrease the durability which shall affect profits adversely.

To sum up, author may not necessarily be wrong to assert that, a process requiring extra cost if discontinued then it will increase profits. But the evidences provided by author will not substantiate its argument because the process which will increase the durability or quality of the product if discontinued then it will decrease company’s profit. To bolster the argument author has to provide more conclusive evidences, defining the reasons for discontinuing enduring manufacturing process, which leads to increase in company profit.

Sentence: In addition to it, author provided an argument that Dura-socks corporation marketers had done a survey to conclude that most of their socks are sold due to their latest stylish appearance but not due the to durability.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a preposition
Suggestion: Refer to the and to

Sentence: It is reasonable that the people who are purchasing these socks are only because they are more likable to other family members, living in other cities, where Dura-socks are not available.
Error: likable Suggestion: liable

Argument 1 -- OK

Argument 2 -- NOT OK. It works in 'northeastern United States cities' doesn't mean it works in all cities. Whenever you see the word 'survey', basically there is 'an argument against' available.

Argument 3 -- OK