argument:The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of acciden

argument:The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette.
"On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the number of mopeds rented by the island's moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during the summer season. By limiting the number of rentals, the town council will attain the 50 percent annual reduction in moped accidents that was achieved last year on the neighboring island of Seaville, when Seaville's town council enforced similar limits on moped rentals."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

In the letter, the author claims that in order to reduce the number of accidents involved in mopeds and pedestrians, B island should limit amount of moped rented from its moped rental companies during summer months. He cites various evidences to support the claim. However, a meticulous analysis will show otherwise. For the reason, the author should answer some specific questions to make the argument more sound:1)Are there a great amount of rental companies in B island?2) Would all that kind of accidents happened in summer?3)Whether B island and S island under the same the same transportation conditions?

First, if there are a great number of moped rental companies and nearly all moped in B island are from these companies, it may has impact on decreasing the incidence by limiting the rental number of mopeds. However, if there are only a few rental companies in B island, it will weaken the argument. Because, in the case,the rental mopeds only constitutes a fraction of all moped in B island while nearly all the mopeds are owned to the individuals. For the reason, it's nearly no use to limit the number of rental mopeds.

Secondly, it's very crucial for the author to answer the question:Would all moped accidents happened in summer? If nearly all these accidents occur during summer, it will support the argument. In contrast,if actually in winter, these accidents happen frequently due to the frozen and smooth roads. Thus, it will be nearly no effect to limit the number of the rental mopeds in summer. Therefore, without ruling out other possible reasons, the author's claim cannot convince me on the basis of the cause of accidents, let alone the argument that to limit the the number of rentals of mopeds in order to reduce the incidence.

Thirdly, it's also necessary for the author to answer Whether B island and S island under the same the same transportation conditions? If the answer is yes, the argument is more convincing. However, if each of these two islanda has own particular transportation situations, it will weaken the argument.Because it's entirely possible that in addition to the policy that limit the number of rental moped, S island also conducted other ideas in practice to reduce the accidents last year which actually play roles primarily, such as improving the quality of the roads and the public awareness of safety driving. In the letter, the author may not consider the whole strategys adopted by S island,so it's not wise to deduce the policy's effect in B island from S island's rashly.

In sum, the author's claim is not persuasive. To bolster it he must answer the following questions that 1)there are a great amount of rental companies in B island indeed.2) Nearly all the kind o f accidents happened in summer 3) B island and S island under the same the same transportation conditions.

Sentence: Therefore, without ruling out other possible reasons, the author's claim cannot convince me on the basis of the cause of accidents, let alone the argument that to limit the the number of rentals of mopeds in order to reduce the incidence.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: However, if each of these two islanda has own particular transportation situations, it will weaken the argument.Because it's entirely possible that in addition to the policy that limit the number of rental moped, S island also conducted other ideas in practice to reduce the accidents last year which actually play roles primarily, such as improving the quality of the roads and the public awareness of safety driving.
Description: The fragment that limit the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace limit with verb, past tense

(You may use other format instead of something like 1),2),3)...)