Arugument type - A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to

A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylates, food-processing companies also add salicylates to foods as preservatives. The twenty-year study found a correlation between the rise in the commercial use of salicylates and a steady decline in the average number of headaches reported by study participants. At the time when the study conc...

Sentence: Although salicylates may be similar to aspirin in some chemical properties, these two medicines can still differ in medical use, just as graphite and diamond, which subordinate to the carbon family but have different physical properties and are applied to distinctive use.
Description: The fragment which subordinate to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace subordinate with subordinates

Sentence: Without ruling all these possibilities, the author cannot convince me that the salicylates are the right treatment for headaches.
Description: The fragment the right treatment is not usually preceded by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: Firstly, since many food have already contained salicylates, the researcher should conduct the experiment on two groups of people, one group have salicylate-contained food while the other have food containing no salicylates at all.
Error: salicylate-contained Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: For one thing, many foods are naturally rich in salicylates as the author mentioned; for the other thing, it is quite possible that a slight amount of salicylates may work properly on headaches, while the overdose of salicylates may create undesirable side-effect on human body.
Error: side-effect Suggestion: side effect

Well, you did a good job.
See it on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre