In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro

In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patrol, many drivers are exceeding the speed limit. Prunty County should instead undertake the same kind of road improvement project that Butler County completed five years ago: increasing lane widths, resurfacing rough highways, and improving visibility at dangerous intersections. Today, major Butler County roads still have a 55 mph speed limit, yet there were 25 percent fewer reported accidents in Butler County this past year than there were five years ago.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument is based on the highway safety to decrease the number of accidents. The author’s arugment is poor in content because it didn’t provide some of the specific evidences about the argument. Arguer didn’t mention any specific evidence about Prunty County’s roads are in damaged conditions and about Bulter County’s previous accidents exact figure.

Firstly, there is no specific proof that Prunty County’s roads are in damaged condition; because the accidents are may causing due to the drivers lack of ability or due to increase in population in the Prunty County. If population in Punty County is increased then there can be a significantly increase in number of vechicles and this can a reason for number of accidents. If the Prunty County’s roads were not good and this was the main reason for the cause of accidents then it would support the thought of the arguer and if any evidence is provided indicating about Prunty County’s road conditions then it would strengthen the argument. If accidents are occurring due to lack of drivers ability or due to increase in population then this would weaken the author’s argument.

Secondly, arguer didn’t mention about Bulter County’s previous accidents exact number. If previously, in Bulter county accidents were not greater than 26% than the road improvement project is unsuccessful project and it would weaken the author’s argument because the decrease in number of accidents is very less. If the percentage was much greater than 25% then it would support with author’s view and if the evidence is provided on this then it would strengthen the argument.

In sum up, author’s argument would be more significant if the above specific evidences are provided and it would be more efficient and increase in level of difficulty for us.

Sentence: The author's arugment is poor in content because it didn't provide some of the specific evidences about the argument.
Error: arugment Suggestion: argument

Sentence: If population in Punty County is increased then there can be a significantly increase in number of vechicles and this can a reason for number of accidents.
Error: vechicles Suggestion: vehicles

---------------------

argument 2 -- not OK
--------------------