Essay topics: The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The tested and proven method to gain someone's side is to provide a convincing argumentation.Undoubtedly, if an argument is able to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint, it can be considered as powerful. Providing that the thinking of the person with different opinion is following the logic. Oftentimes, people's opinions are so ossified, that it is impossible, even for the most sound argument, to change people's mind.
Firstly, different religious views are mostly inculcated to people's minds form their very early childhood. It must be very challenging to convert a person from one denunciation to another. Moreover, religion is mostly based on beliefs and feeling rather than facts. Here, the most reasonable arguments on one side can be completely unsound on another side.
Secondly, turning to political views, it is very hard to gain a disciple from another political option. In many countries political opposition finds the ideas of a leading party incongruous, just because (by definition) they should be in opposition to them. In such situations, reaching consensus in any field, is available only when the process of exchanging argumentation is on very high cultural level. Often, everything ends with quarrels that leads to lack of agreement. Here, not only argumentation, but also clever representation of argumentation will have decisive role.
At least, there are numerous techniques that advertising companies use to gain potential customers and win their approval. It is psychology of an argument that has important role in the dispute. Leaving the best argument for last in order for the opponent to remember it, is one of psychological approaches. Additionally, conceding the argument of opposition also influence the opposition's inclination to our own views. In the end who does not like to be praised?
To summarize, failure in convincing someone with an opposing viewpoint does not necessarily mean that the argument was weak and poorly reasoned. Some areas are unarguable. It is the way we serve the argument that matters the most to gain someone's side.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||Irene_tang||50||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Av9ash||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||tilwani||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||Fluppythewild||83||Read full essay|
|9 months 2 weeks ago||DHARMESH SHARMA||50||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||iambier||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||DubinchukEugene||66.66670000000001||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||RyanMD||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||narbella4||40||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||ninadabiri||40||Read full essay|
- Integrated writing task. Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose specific points made in the reading passage. (80)
- Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible. Other young adults prefer to live with their families for a longer time. Which of these situations do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinio (66.66670000000001)
- It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (90)
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (74.28570000000001)
- Integrated WRITING - Bermuda Triangle (97.5)
- Workers in the small town of Leeville take fewer sick days than workers in the large city of Masonton, 50 miles away. Moreover, relative to population size, the diagnosis of stress-related illness is proportionally much lower in Leeville than in Masonton. (82.5)
- Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people whom they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni (57.5)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i (85)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (70)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagre (65)