The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

The author states that cooperation ,not competition, is the best way to for a society to prepare its youth for leadership in different areas of life. I do not agree with his conclusion.The author seems to have taken only the negative connotation of the word competition.

We must understand that competition can be healthy and can result in better outcomes, products and governance. A leader of a health food chain must compete to give better quality products to his customers. If he only has a cooperating relationship with his competitors, there won't be reduced prices or greater research for healthier products and hence, the customers will never profit.

Secondly, being cooperative instead of competitive can result in a complacent attitude. The youth would never be motivated to achieve zeniths of success by being cooperative every time. A leader has to be continuously motivated and instilling only a sense of cooperation defeats this purpose. A government that is not competitive with other states or nations would never be motivated to be the best economy or best cultural spot in the world.

Also, not instilling a sense of competition in the young people of the society will sheild them from the harsh reality of life. A leader will indisputably face behemoth challenges in his period of leadership. In those times he can take inspiration from the competition he had faced and had emerged out successfully in his youth. In the daily life of students, we have to give numerous competitive exams, that instills a healthy sense of competition and reality in us at an young age, to become efficient leaders later on in life.

However, we cannot deny the possibility of unhealthy, cut-throat competition which may bring out animosity for human race in the minds of the youth. Such situations are extreme and might need instilling a healthy sense of competition and cooperation in the minds of the youth.

In sum, instilling a sense of healthy competition in the youth makes them better leaders. Of course, cooperation with the team by the leader is essential for fututre success, but only instilling a sense of cooperation would never achieve pinnacles of success by a leader.

Sentence: Also, not instilling a sense of competition in the young people of the society will sheild them from the harsh reality of life.
Error: sheild Suggestion: shield

Sentence: Of course, cooperation with the team by the leader is essential for fututre success, but only instilling a sense of cooperation would never achieve pinnacles of success by a leader.
Error: fututre Suggestion: future