The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

The statement says that a society should prepare its young people for leadership by creating a sense of cooperation , not competition. I partially agree with this statement. Although cooperation is necessary for a good leader, however you can not just ignore competition. There are some benifits of compition too, such as it gives the motivation to do better than your competitors, and it also gives you a chance to think about oppposing views and ability to handle such cases, thus augmenting a leader's capabilities.

The chief reason behind this is for a individual and an industry to grow and to increase its dimensions competition can not be obviated. For instance, in smartphone market, if Samsung would not have started to make smartphones, then the chances are less that such revolution would have happened in the field of smartphones. Now a days samsung is giving a tough competition to Apple and both the companies are now trying to make producets, which are better than others. However if such competition was absent from the market, there are less chances of smartphone market to grow as fast as now and create opportunities for other companies too.

In addition, competition gives a motivation to grow and at the same time it creates fear to prevent you from doing any immoral thing. As in the case of politics, a ruling party leader is less likely to do any immoral thing, provided there is an opposition. Because he knows that if he does something which is not in the favor of country, the opposing party will start creating issue with it. But at the same time it also motivates to do good things for the welfare of the people of a country, so that it will help that party to win in next elections.

However, as competition provides motivation to do better and creates opportunities, it does not mean that you can ignore cooperation. Cooperation is also necessary in politics, industries and other fields. For instance we can take the same example of Apple vs Samsung. Although they are competitors, Samsung is the main supplier of integrated chips for Apple, which is the basic entity of a smartphone. Also Samsung's revenue is also dependant on Apple's market status, as Apple is its one of the chief customer for chip supplying. So cooperation is also a necessity for leaders in politics, industry or other fields.

In sum, I concur that although sense of cooperation is one of the quality which a leader should have, one can not exclude the sense of competition from it. Both are necesaary for a leader to enhance its leadership capabilities as well as personal develpment. Some might argue that competition creates rivalry and it is also true upto some extent, however nothing should go beyond its limits. That is the thing which one should remember to be a good leader.

Sentence: There are some benifits of compition too, such as it gives the motivation to do better than your competitors, and it also gives you a chance to think about oppposing views and ability to handle such cases, thus augmenting a leader's capabilities.
Error: benifits Suggestion: benefits
Error: oppposing Suggestion: opposing
Error: compition Suggestion: competition

Sentence: Both are necesaary for a leader to enhance its leadership capabilities as well as personal develpment.
Error: necesaary Suggestion: necessary
Error: develpment Suggestion: development