You are hereClaim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years. Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership. Write a response in which you discuss the exten

Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years. Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership. Write a response in which you discuss the exten

fiddo's picture

By fiddo - Posted on 06 July 2012

Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.

Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

In the development of any enterprise leadership play an important role.But author's statement " surest path to sucess for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership " is very narrow statement.This statement is not valid for all type of industry.It will depend upon industry type , current situation etc.Changing leaders is not the only way to revitalize any enterprise.It is all about revitalizing their thinking,work method etc.They should not be distracted by five year tenure but they should think about long term goal, company policy,technology development etc.

In five years of tenure, leader can not implement everything whatever he planned.Enterprise revitalization can be achieved by technology development,more research etc. not by changing leaders.We can see the sucess of many top companies. They have not achieved success by changing leadarship.For example, tech giant apple ceo was from beginning and still company got success.Leader can not think about about futuristic plan because of limited tenure.But for success of the company, it is required to have futuristic plan and their excution.If new leader will come after five year.He will take some time to know about different policy of the company.In that period of time company can suffer the absence of the important leader.It will be very difficult for him to directly work on the previous plan.

But it will also depend upon situation. Because some time leader take personal advantage of their post.This type of situation is common in politics.In that case it is necessary to change the leader and monotones thinking.For example,in Libya it was necessary to change the leader to demolish autocratic leadership.So in politics is required to change leadership to avoid this type of situation.

From above points i can say that some time it is necessary to change the leadership but it will depend upon situation and type of industry.Success is not about tenure of leader but it is about thinking of the leader.So we can say that the surest path to success is not changing leadership but other various factors which help in the success of any company.