Essay topics: Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.
Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
In the development of any enterprise leadership play an important role.But author's statement " surest path to sucess for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership " is very narrow statement.This statement is not valid for all type of industry.It will depend upon industry type , current situation etc.Changing leaders is not the only way to revitalize any enterprise.It is all about revitalizing their thinking,work method etc.They should not be distracted by five year tenure but they should think about long term goal, company policy,technology development etc.
In five years of tenure, leader can not implement everything whatever he planned.Enterprise revitalization can be achieved by technology development,more research etc. not by changing leaders.We can see the sucess of many top companies. They have not achieved success by changing leadarship.For example, tech giant apple ceo was from beginning and still company got success.Leader can not think about about futuristic plan because of limited tenure.But for success of the company, it is required to have futuristic plan and their excution.If new leader will come after five year.He will take some time to know about different policy of the company.In that period of time company can suffer the absence of the important leader.It will be very difficult for him to directly work on the previous plan.
But it will also depend upon situation. Because some time leader take personal advantage of their post.This type of situation is common in politics.In that case it is necessary to change the leader and monotones thinking.For example,in Libya it was necessary to change the leader to demolish autocratic leadership.So in politics is required to change leadership to avoid this type of situation.
From above points i can say that some time it is necessary to change the leadership but it will depend upon situation and type of industry.Success is not about tenure of leader but it is about thinking of the leader.So we can say that the surest path to success is not changing leadership but other various factors which help in the success of any company.
- The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor (66.66670000000001)
- Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development. (72.96299999999999)
- In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro (80)
- Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu (85)
- The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting (86)
- Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than (90)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher (70)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current (67.5)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i (75)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (90)