Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students.Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own deci

Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students.

Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own decisions.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

From the moment a student joins a college, there are several questions that surround him, the most crucial being choosing the right course that reflects his skills. Their future depends on the course they choose to study at college. At first glance, the claim made by author seems valuable as it disencumbers the student from the task of deciding their courses, however, if one ponders over the consequences of such policy, the disadvantages far outweighs the benefits.

The reason proposed by claim that students are like people who need directions and guidance is untenable from several perspe...

Sentence: Hence many students have preconcieved notions about the career in which they would want to excel.
Error: preconcieved Suggestion: preconceived

Sentence: Further, a lot of time will be wasted by students in understanding concepts which are irrelevant to their choosen career.
Error: choosen Suggestion: chosen

Sentence: Due to such a policy, students will be forced to study subjects which demand more time and energy, and therefore less time will be available for subjects significant for their growth and development in their choosen career.
Error: choosen Suggestion: chooen

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.