Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based

The above claim made by the author is agreeable to an extent where it says governments must ensure their major cities recieve the financial support they need. This claim is not completely wrong and will give a detailed explanation of this in the following paragraphs. But the reason given by the author for the above claim is completely obsolute and does not hold true in today's world.

First of all, yes, the governments must ensure that their major cities should recieve the financial support. But this financial support is not to help them thrive but it is to help them become more urbanised. Also all the major inventions and discoveries are happening in the major cities of a country so the government should support them financially in order to help them grow. Also all the major universities are there in the major cities and hence most of the research is happening which can only be supported by the government. Also a major city of a country is the face of the country in front of the entire world and hence the government has to ensure that it has to be advancing and developing all the time. These major cities do not need money to thrive but they require financial support in order to strive to become better and better.

Now coming to the reason been given for the above claim; like I said before is really not valid in todays world. The nations cultural traditions do not seem to be preserved and generated in its major cities. There are a plethora of examples which can be given resulting in the invalidity of reasoning given above. For example, Bombay in India, is now, more or less like any other urbanised city in the world like Singapore, New York etc. The cultural traditions and values are slowly disappearing. It is a very cosmopolitan city where one can see people of various castes and faiths living together. It is becoming moe and more urbanised and westernised. Infact if one wants to see the traditional India with its cultural values and traditions Bombay is the last city to visit. If a history student is doing some research on the traditional values of India he should definitely make a trip to the Ratnagiri and towns in Rajasthan instead of going to Bombay or Delhi.

The actual traditions and values of a country are generated and prevalent in the small towns and villages. The governments should indeed ensure that these villages should recieve enough financial support to help them thrive. There are some villages in India which yet do not have electricity. Some of them do not get enough water. The government should make sure that the basic necessities are taken care of. Many of the cottage industries are dying because of lack of funding. The government should make sure that these recieve enough funding to keep the traditions alive.

Hence it would be right to make a claim that government shoud ensure that their major cities recieve financial aid but it is for them to grow further and become more competitive in the world. Also the reason to support the claim should be corrected saying that the government should give financial aid to the villages because these are the places where the nation's actual traditions and values are preserved.

Sentence: The above claim made by the author is agreeable to an extent where it says governments must ensure their major cities recieve the financial support they need.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive

Sentence: But the reason given by the author for the above claim is completely obsolute and does not hold true in today's world.
Error: obsolute Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: First of all, yes, the governments must ensure that their major cities should recieve the financial support.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive

Sentence: The governments should indeed ensure that these villages should recieve enough financial support to help them thrive.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive

Sentence: The government should make sure that these recieve enough funding to keep the traditions alive.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive

Sentence: Hence it would be right to make a claim that government shoud ensure that their major cities recieve financial aid but it is for them to grow further and become more competitive in the world.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive
Error: shoud Suggestion: should