College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure to ad

College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

From my perspective, various students could have different choices about this topic. For one thing, students with an undergraduate degree could find jobs in all kind of domains, even different from their fields of study. For another thing, students with a graduate degree should find jobs in their domains. In addition, all majors are actually related to each other. Furthermore, regardless of degrees, different people should have their own choices on employment.

On the one hand, it is not inappropriate that students with an undergraduate degree find jobs in other fields. Even though for most students, getting employed in their study of fields seems beneficial for their career development, the job in other fields is also a considerable choice. Since young people often have various interests in their majors, it is feasible for them to change to other fields when they get employed. For example, students who major in mechanical engineering, after they experience some suffering internship in the factory, find they are more interested in programming engineering. Furthermore, most majors are different from what they seem to be. For instance, students who major in software engineering may find that they will not be so famous like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg. In fact, most programmers are also very toilsome.

On the other hand, it is much better for students with a graduate degree to get employed in their study of field. Masters and PhDs usually have studied long term in their majors. If they choose jobs without consideration of their studies, they will lose lots of advantages in the majors. Not only will numerous courses in the profession provide the related knowledge, but also interpersonal relationship in the industry will make it convenient to work in the study of field. For students who major in financial engineering, they not only could trade the stock based on their majors, but also could get abundant information from their relationships in school.

Besides, there is no discipline in the world at primitive phase, and all majors are related in fact. People who major in civil engineering could also get a job in the software company, so that they can help code some professional program for engineers. People who major in biology could also get a job in the electricity engineering, so that they can help make the print-locker, voice and facial recognition. People who in major in education could also do some research in the internet company, so that they can help make some professional study plan based on the Internet, like khan academy.

Moreover, regardless of degrees, individual character is more significant in this issue. Different people have various attitudes about their career planning. Some people like to change their jobs several times in their life, so that they could enjoy the different experience and might become a versatile person. Meantime, some people like to drill in one field to become an expert. Both kinds of persons are important and indispensible in the society. Students should make their choices based on their characters and personalities.

Based on the aforementioned points, I recommend that students with graduate degree should find jobs in their study of field. For students with undergraduate degree, it is not unsuitable to change their fields. From a large picture, all majors are related in fact, and both all-round person and experts are indispensible. Hence, people should get their choices, based on their own individual characters.