College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure to

In today's world choosing the appropriate field that one wants to study and work in, is of critical importance. This decision should be made very carefully because it affects the rest of a student's life. Personally, I believe that before thinking about job availability in a field one should consider their own interests.

The main reason is that when you stop worrying about job opportunities and select the field of study that you truly desire, you will definitely flourish in that field. If you force yourself to study a field which has many potential jobs even if you don't like it, through that several years of study you will only suffer from being have to learn what you think is useless. On the other hand, putting your interests in the highest priority, it is certain that you will always learn with enthusiasm and also giving up in the time of hardship becomes an impossible option for you.

The second reason is that by choosing a field which only has more opportunities in the industry, you have inhibited your ambitions and talents. When you consent to the circumstances and try to be cautious all the time, you will always be satisfied with the minimums. The main factor in success is to let your imagination flourish and utilize your capacity. Doing this, you will be innovative and creative in any field you are working on and will undoubtedly become successful. But limiting yourself by such restraining decisions you will never have chance to become an influential person in your work.

However, still one might say that choosing a job with sufficient opportunity guarantees your future. Yes, it does guarantee something. All it guarantees is that you won't remain unemployed in the future. But it does not ensure you a bright future and that you won't regret the fearful decision you have made.

All in all, I don't agree that selecting your field according to the job availability is a rational choice. If one wants to be successful in its true meaning they should only follow their interests and dreams. This is the only path to become the one you deserve to be.

Better to put more contents to get higher marks. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.