The council of Maple County concerned about the county s becoming overdeveloped is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county But the council is also concerned that such a restriction by limiting the

The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting the supply of new housing, could lead to significant increases in the price of housing in the county. Proponents of the measure note that Chestnut County established a similar measure ten years ago, and its housing prices have increased only modestly since. However, opponents of the measure note that Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. The council currently predicts that the proposed measure, if passed, will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

The argument is about the concern that the council of Maple County is becoming overdeveloped. And there is a measure to prevent the situation of overdevelopment under discussion. This measure does truly avoid the overdevelopment, but also cause another problem that it will contribute to the drastic elevation of the price of housing in the town.

To solve the problems that occurred in the argument, I think the priority is to define the characteristic of Maple County. Without the definition, there is going to be in vain after lots of debate and consideration. Proponents of the measure to prevent the overdevelopment propose an example that Chestnut County established a similar measure ten years ago, and they believe in that the situation there is quite similar to the town they live. It seems unconvincing because they fail to provide evidences to show that Maple County resembles Chestnut County. Perhaps the slight elevation of the price of housing in Chestnut County is because the council of the town implemented another policy ten years ago to restrict the skyrocketing price.

In addition, opponents of the measure to prevent overdevelopment state that there was another county fifteen years ago failed to slow the pace of increasing price of housing which contributed to the price was more doubled than the measure was implemented. This proposal also seems to be specious because of the lack of evidences. Maybe the true cause of the high elevating price of house is that the town was undergoing a serious deterioration of weather fifteen years ago which is ascribed to the devastation of a majority of houses there, and then influenced the price of housing.

In sum, in order to find an appropriate way to solve the problems in the argument, the priority to do is to define the characteristic of Maple County. Not only analyze the situation of the town, but also predict the problems of future that will emerge whether the measure is implemented or not.