The country Myria, which charges fees for the use of national parks, reports little evidence of environmental damage. This strongly suggests that for the country Illium, the best way to preserve public lands is to charge people more money when they are us

The country Myria, which charges fees for the use of national parks, reports little evidence of environmental damage. This strongly suggests that for the country Illium, the best way to preserve public lands is to charge people more money when they are using national parks and wilderness areas for activities with heavy environmental impact. By collecting fees from those people who overuse public lands, Illium will help preserve those lands for present and future generations. - GRE Argument 84

In this argument the speaker recommends that Illium's national parks charge higher fees to visitors whose activities carry a heavy environmental impact than to other visitors, in order to help preserve Illium's public lands for the present and future generations. To support this recommendation the speaker points out that the country of Myria charges fees for use of its national parks and that Myria reports little evidence of environmental damage. This argument is flawed in several critical respects.

First, the argument assumes too hastily that the reports of conditions in Myria's park...