Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your pos

Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.

Write a response in which you discuss the
extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position

Should only experts be allowed to critically assess a work in a certain field or should we also heed the opinion of laymen when gauging the intrinsic quality of a work? Certainly experts' judgements are often more accurate and more precise, after all these people have a lot more knowledge; they have spent years learning their jobs and have an experienced eye. However, I believe that other people's critical judgements, unless they are complete dilettantes in the concerned gamut, should be taken seriously.

Many people like going to museums, and many are passioned about history of arts...

Sentence: Indeed, if everyone's opinion, be they experts or dabblers, counted the same in the judgment of a work, people would be discouraged to study for years and gain experience in a certain field.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to they and experts

Sentence: Returning to my example from the arts' world, how many paintings were harshly criticised by contemporary experts, but praised as chefs d'oeuvres a few years later by others?
Error: criticised Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Turner also encountered many difficulties when trying to introduce new style elements into his paitings.
Error: paitings Suggestion: paintings

Sentence: Sometimes a fresh look from people uneducated in that specific gamut may be extremenly valuable in assessing a work's quality.
Error: extremenly Suggestion: extremely

Sentence: Nevertheless, if one's task is to evaluate the quality of a work, more infomation can never be harmful.
Error: infomation Suggestion: information

It is on top list:
http://testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre