DKLA was the innovator in the market for casual women's business apparel. Smith & Co. was once the leader in that market with $2 billion in sales until styles changed and Smith & Co.'s clothes went out of fashion. DKLA can also be expected to fail, especi

DKLA was the innovator in the market for casual women's business apparel. Smith & Co. was once the leader in that market with $2 billion in sales until styles changed and Smith & Co.'s clothes went out of fashion. DKLA can also be expected to fail, especially because the market for casual women's business apparel is saturated.

Describe how well the reasoning is in this. In the discussion be sure to analyze the line of reasoning and the use of evidence in the argument. For example, you may need to consider what questionable assumptions underlie the thinking and what alternative explanations or counter examples might weaken the arguments's conclusion. You may also address possible changes in the argument that would make it more logically sound and would help you to better evaluate its conclusion.

The argument that the DKLA can also be expected to fail may seem tenable at first glance,but the argument heavily relies upon many unfounded assumptions that are not strong enough to lead to the conclusion that DKLA will meet the same destiny as that of Smith&co.

First of all, author compares the DKLA and smith&co,just because Smith &co.once belonged to the samefield and was a market leader,but apart from that author provides no facts that one could use, to weigh them on a similar platform for equity.

The reason for Smith&co's failure was stated as change in styles,but the claim is not backed by any evidence and solely appears to be author's assumption,infact the reason for smith&co's failure may range anywhere from mismanagement to lack of innovation.Furthermore,the DKLA is mentioned as an innovator,hence it would be reasonable to assume that it may adopt to changing styles with it s innovative new products and may not fail,if lack of innovation was a serious factor in the case of smith &co.

The author claims that women's business apparel market is saturated,but he provides no data supporting his claim.Further ,even if we were to assume the market is currently saturated,there is no evidence that market will not rise again.

The author's argument would be in a better predisposition if he provides data containing that the styles smith&co. offered vs the style adopted by the people .

Thus the argument as whole has been scaffolded by many unwarranted assumptions .Unless these assumptions are backed by supporting facts,the author's conclusion that DKLA may fail is highly implausible.