Education should be equally devoted to enriching the personal lives of students and to training students to be productive workers.

Education has a prime role in an individual’s life. Education imparts an individual with necessary skills for his survival in life. I am in agreement with author’s viewpoint that Education must cater to enrich personal lives of students and also train them to be productive workers.

The Curriculum in schools and colleges is such that focus is given on developing soft skills as well as technical (pertaining to field) skills in an individual. Both are essential which later help them in dealing with day to day activities effectively in their professional life. Technical skills impart them with basic skills on the basis of which they can take various decisions in their professional life. Soft skills on the other hand such as team work, stress management, personality development, time management etc help an individual in coping with day to day hectic pressures.

A biased curriculum focussing either on technical or soft skills would disturb the balance between these two facets in individual’s life which would hamper his progress later in his professional life. With technical skill given focus neglecting soft skills, an individual may be well versed with necessary skills needed for his work life. However, a person may not have necessary soft skills, he may not be able to maintain the decorum in his office, he may not be able to commingle effectively with his work colleagues. With only soft skills given focus, the individual may not have necessary skills to deliver in his professional career. With this example, we see that both facets go hand in hand in enhancing an individual’s quality.

To conclude, the author in a pithy sentence has articulated the most important fact about education. Education must always cater to two facets as highlighted in topic statement – Enriching personal lives of students and training students to be productive workers. Both qualities strive to maintain equilibrium which later helps an individual to adapt in his professional milieu.

Sentence: A biased curriculum focussing either on technical or soft skills would disturb the balance between these two facets in individual's life which would hamper his progress later in his professional life.
Error: focussing Suggestion: No alternate word