Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supp

Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

One of the most important decisions a student makes in his life, is choosing his field of study, as it is pivotal in determining the career path he takes. Advances in science, technology as well as growing human needs have created a wide range of jobs for today’s youth. Countless branches of arts, science and literature are offered as fields of study for a student are offered as fields of study for a student, providing a large number of options to choose, from at the same time, making it more perplexing than before. While making a crucial decision such as this, the above mentioned claim says that educational institutions should influence students to take up fields of study such that they fetch them well paying jobs in the future.

To paraphrase the great Chinese philosopher Confucius, one should choose a job that he/she loves, and he will never have to work another day in his life. By this he means to say that when one takes up a job in an area that he/she has a passion for, he/she might never feel the burden of work and enjoy every moment spent in his/her job. Therefore, it is indeed, very important that one takes up an area of study that he/she has a sustained interest in. This will maximise the effort he/she makes and help him/her in reaching great heights.

Another argument in rebuttal to the above claim is that jobs in any field of study will prove lucrative if one puts in his/her best effort. To reiterate my point, I would like to mention the mention a rags to riches story that I came across. The son of a poor widow from the slums in my city became a millioner by selling the humble idlies or Indian pancakes. Though, he had a passion for business, it was the education he recieved that exposed him to various ideas he could apply to expand his business. Once started as a small road side eatery, Food Kings in today a multi million dollar worthy exporter of idlies. This examples clearly elucidates that if one has the drive, the skills and the required education to complement these, he is sure to succeed and make a lucrative career out of it.

Nevertheless, the university plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of its students. While encouraging the students to choose areas of study that fetch them lucrative careers is unwarranted, the university should train and mould the students in their respective areas of study to make them attractive to the industry in the future. This would help them in fetching lucrative jobs in their own field of interest. Industrial training and internships in organisations doing work related their field of study would refine their skills as well as expose them to the different types of jobs they could take up in future. This kind of industrial experience would also raise their value in the job market. Additionally, job fairs could be organised by the university so that both the industry and students benefit from it.

In sum, though it would be unwise for universities to encourage students to take up areas of study that would give them lucrative careers, the university could foster industrial ties, expose the students to the industry and vice versa, and thereby make the process of job seeking easier for the students.

Sentence: Though, he had a passion for business, it was the education he recieved that exposed him to various ideas he could apply to expand his business.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Sentence: Additionally, job fairs could be organised by the university so that both the industry and students benefit from it.
Error: organised Suggestion: organized