"The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist. “Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia andconcluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villagerat

"The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist. “

Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and
concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village
rather than by their own biological parents. However, my recent interviews with children
living in the group of islands that includes Tertia show that these children spend much more time talking about their biological parents than about other adults in the village. This research of mine proves that Dr. Field's conclusion about Tertian village culture is invalid and thus that the observation-centered approach to studying cultures is invalid as well. The interview-centered method that my team of graduate students is currently using in Tertia will establish a much more accurate understanding of child-rearing traditions there and in other island cultures.”"
"Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the
argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument."

Dr. Karp, in his article claims that the reaserch done by the anthropologist, Dr. Field, in Tertia Island is invalid based on the recent interviews conducted with the children of Tertia Island that shows that the children are spending more time talking about their biological parents rather than the entire village with whom they are reared. Though the claim made by Dr, Karp may well have merit, he presents a poorly written argument, based on several questionable premises and assumptions, and solely based on the evidence that Dr. Karp offers we cannot assume his argument as valid.

The primary issue with the argument lies with its unsubstatiated conclusion. Dr. Karp claims that the conclusion made by Dr. Field is invalid and thus observation centered approach is invalid as well. Moreover, Dr. Karp also claims that his teams interview centered approach will establish a much more accurate understanding of child rearing traditions there and in other islands. However, Dr. Karp doesn't provide any evidence to support his extended conclusion.

Moreover, Dr. Karp make several assumptions that remains unproven, He assumes that his teams interview centered approach will not only help to understand child rearing traditions but also in understanding other island cultures. However, Dr Karp fails to provide any evidence related to this assumption. Dr. Karp weaken his argument my making several assumptions and fails to provide the link that he assumes exist.

While Dr. Karp have several key issues with his premises and assumptions, that is not to say that his argument without any base. If he can provide evidence for his extended conclusion then can surely significantly improve his argument.

In sum, Dr. Karp's illogical argument is based on several questionable premises and assumptions that render his argument unacceptable. If he truly wants to get readers attention, then he has to restructure his argument, fix the flaws in his logic, provide evidence for the things that he assumes exist. Without this, he would likely impress anybody.

Sentence: Moreover, Dr. Karp make several assumptions that remains unproven, He assumes that his teams interview centered approach will not only help to understand child rearing traditions but also in understanding other island cultures.
Description: The fragment Karp make several is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace make with verb, past tense

Dr. Karp weaken his argument my making several assumptions
Dr. Karp weaken his argument by making several assumptions

Sentence: Dr. Karp, in his article claims that the reaserch done by the anthropologist, Dr. Field, in Tertia Island is invalid based on the recent interviews conducted with the children of Tertia Island that shows that the children are spending more time talking about their biological parents rather than the entire village with whom they are reared.
Error: reaserch Suggestion: research

correct arguments:

1. whether or not Tertia and the surrounding island group have changed significantly in the past 20 years

2. the exact locations where Dr. Karp’s interviews took place. --'children living in the group of islands that includes Tertia'

3. we would also need to learn more about the interview questions that Dr. Karp’s team used.

4. how to prove 'conclusion that interview-centered methods are inherently more valid than observational-centered approaches'?