The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involv

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette.

"On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the number of mopeds rented by the island's moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during the summer season. By limiting the number of rentals, the town council will attain the 50 percent annual reduction in moped accidents that was achieved last year on the neighboring island of Seaville, when Seaville's town council enforced similar limits on moped rentals."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The argument that by reducing the number of mopeds rented by the rental companies will reduce the number of accidents in the Balmer Island by 50%. To bolster his this argument the author also provides the information about the increase in the population of the Balmer Island in the summer months. He also recommends that the town council should limit the number of mopeds rented by the rental companies from 50 to 25 to reduce the accidents in the city. The author also compares two different. The author's argument is not cogent, since it ignores certain assumptions.

Firstly, the author assumes that by reducing the limit of number of mopeds rented by the rental company will reduce the use of the mopeds is dubious, as do not know that how many different companies provide rented mopeds also the company owners can open up new companies to provide the same number of mopeds to the people of the town.

Secondly, even if we limit the number of mopeds per company to 25, it is not necessary that there is decrease in the accidents in the town. Because it does not provide any evidence that people who are renting the mopeds will drive safely.

Lastly, the author compares the Balmer Island with the Seaville, and assumes that if the town council apply the similar restriction as were applied in Seaville, will reduce the number of accidents by 50%. This assumption is not at all convincing as the author provides no information about the type of restrictions that were made in Seaville.

To sum up, the argument is not completely sound, the evidence in the support of the conclusion that reducing the number of mopeds in Balmer Island will reduce the accidents in the town. To better examine the argument the author must have provided information like, the number of rental companies the town and the statistics about the accidents reports in seaville by applying restrictions, type of restrictions applied in seaville, etc.

Sentence: To bolster his this argument the author also provides the information about the increase in the population of the Balmer Island in the summer months.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to his and this

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.