The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.
"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The argument that if the author's friend wants to sell his home quickly at a good price, then he should use Adams Realty firm rather than Fitch Realty is not logically convincing, since it has ignored certain crucial assumptions.

Firstly, the argument compares between two homes for the author sold in different times. The first was sold ten years ago while the second was sold last year. This big difference in time will make us unable to compare the two firms as there is a possibility that ten years ago the demand of buying homes was much less than one year ago. Another point is the home prices that was ten years ago can not be the same as those only one year ago.

Secondly, the author compares between two different homes without saying any additional information about them. Are they in the same place? Do they share the same view? What about the area? How can the author tell that the second was sold faster only because he listed it in Adams firm not because it was a better, wider, and more luxurious home.

Finally, the author assumes that the firm with high revenue will sell the house faster and at a higher price. This high revenue can be high to the firm itself and does not necessarilly mean that it will sell the house at a higher price. On the contrary it may mean that the firm will ask for a lot of money from the house old owner to increase its revenue.

Thus, the argument is not completely sound. The evidence in support of the conclusion that the author has sold his second home faster than the first one because he has listed it with Adams Realty rather than Fitch Realty does little to prove that conclusion, since it does not address the assumptions already raised.

Ultimately the argument might have been strengthened if the author could have proved that the time difference between selling the two homes was not effective, that the prices remained the same within nine years, that the market demand remained the same also, that the two sold houses are equivalent in their area, view, and position, and that the high revenue of one firm will lead to faster selling procedure and higher revenue to the owner as well not only the firm.

Sentence: This high revenue can be high to the firm itself and does not necessarilly mean that it will sell the house at a higher price.
Error: necessarilly Suggestion: necessarily