The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.
"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

With the information provided, the assumptions drawn in this argument remain unfounded. The homeowner uses the fact that Adams Reality is superior hence he recommended his friend that if you want to sell your home quickly and at good price ,you should use Adams Reality. However, the author makes a number of unproved assumptions that hamper a reader's ability to believe the homeowner's conclusion. If the homeowner was to provide more evidence to support the assumptions, the argument would be much more effective.

The primary assumption underlying the author's conclusion is that having more re...

Sentence: To reinforce tha argument author should have provided information about both home condition ,location , size etc.
Error: tha Suggestion: that

No. of Words: 572 350 (less words in real exam)

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre