The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current

The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College.

"To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate. Moreover, the average rent for an apartment in our town has risen in recent years. Consequently, students will find it increasingly difficult to afford off-campus housing. Finally, attractive new dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enroll at Buckingham."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

Author gave an idea to build a number of dormitories at Buckingham College. Because the number of applicant is increasing every year and off-campus housing is very costly and not safe. This would serve the housing need of students. I agree with the Author argument and reasons.

Author gave an explanation for the need of dormitories at Buckingham College. First he explained that dormitories are required to serve the housing needs of students. Further he said Most of the students come from outside city or country. So the first thing what the students required is dormitories. College should have enough number of dormitories for their students.

In second explanation he told about inadequate space of existing dormitory. Buckingham's enrolment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate. This line shows that college is getting enough number of application for admission. This shows college has good name for teaching. According to author every year number of student’s enrolment at Buckingham College is increasing, thus the need of houses is also increasing. Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories.

Further he told about the difficulties of off-campus housing. Moreover, the average rent for an apartment in our town has risen in recent years. Consequently, students will find it increasingly difficult to afford off-campus housing. This means off-campus housing is costlier and child of poor people can’t go for it. Opening of on-campus dormitories will be helpful for child of poor people. A good college having housing facility increased its weightage and value. On-campus housing is also safe for student. Parents would feel more comfortable with the on-campus housing facility for their child. Finally, attractive new dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enrol at Buckingham.

But there are few points about which author did not discuss. He did not give any explanation about the available space. Whether the college has enough space for establishment of dormitory?

In summary, author gave satisfactory reasons for the need of opening of dormitories in college campus. He explained about the increasing number of students for admission and costlier off-campus housing facilities. All these reason except few are perfect to prove the need of dormitories.