The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than

The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing.

"During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say that significant contributing factors in many on-the-job accidents are fatigue and sleep deprivation among workers. Therefore, to reduce the number of on-the-job accidents at Quiot and thereby increase productivity, we should shorten each of our three work shifts by one hour so that employees will get adequate amounts of sleep."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Argument states that we should shorten each of our three work shifts by one hour so that employees will get adequate amounts of sleep. Premise given for argument is that Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Argument is totally ineffective as well as not logically convincing because author did not consider some crucial assumptions for his inquisition regarding accidents.

First assumption argument assumes that atmosphere under which workers are working is same for Quiot Manufacturing and nearby Panoply Industries plant. Author did not divulge any information related to this assumption. Workers are working in different atmosphere as well as their work and location of plant these parameters which are essential for any plant. Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents, reason for it, may be workers are naive and they are not having much experience to operate machines. Finally which is becoming cause of more accident cases. But author did not give exegesis for it.

Second assumption argument presents that by shortening each of our three work shifts will increase their productivity. Because he thinks that sleep deprivation will obliterated. If salaries are not enough for any person then he might end up in doing more than one job. Workers are working in Quiot Manufacturing but salaries they are getting are not sufficient for them and they were doing more than one job. If author gives them break and think it might increase productivity but indeed they will find one more job of duration three hours then it will falsify author argument.

Third assumption argument omits that wreak for accidents is only fatigue and sleep deprivation. But author did not give any explanation for this assumption. Accidents can be happened by several reasons. If author blames only fatigue and sleep deprivation then author might wants to see analysis done by people and by understanding statical data, he may found that others causes like insouciance and by inexperience of operating machines.

Ultimately, argument is unsound. Because of neglecting crucial assumptions. Evidence that is given for support of argument we should shorten each of our three work shifts by one hour so that employees will get adequate amounts of sleep does little. Finally argument can be strengthened by claiming that atmosphere under which workers of both plants are working are comparable and worker are not doing other jobs because of scant of salaries and workers are having enough experience for operating machines.

Sentence: Because he thinks that sleep deprivation will obliterated.
Description: The fragment will obliterated . is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace obliterated with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: If author blames only fatigue and sleep deprivation then author might wants to see analysis done by people and by understanding statical data, he may found that others causes like insouciance and by inexperience of operating machines.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to might and wants
Description: The word found is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to found
Description: The fragment others causes like is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace causes with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Error: statical Suggestion: No alternate word