The following appeared in a memorandum from the president of Mira Vista College to the college's board of trustees. "At nearby Green Mountain College, which has more business courses and more job counselors than does Mira Vista College, 90 percent of las

The following appeared in a memorandum from the president of Mira Vista College to the college's board of trustees.

"At nearby Green Mountain College, which has more business courses and more job counselors than does Mira Vista College, 90 percent of last year's graduating seniors had job offers from prospective employers. But at Mira Vista College last year, only 70 percent of the seniors who informed the placement office that they would be seeking employment had found full-time jobs within three months after graduation, and only half of these graduates were employed in their major field of study. To help Mira Vista's graduates find employment, we must offer more courses in business and computer technology and hire additional job counselors to help students with their resumés and interviewing skills." - GRE Argument 121

This letter recommends that in order to improve its job placement record Mira Vista College should offer more business and computer courses and should hire more job counselors. To support this recommendation the author points out that at Green Mountain College 90 percent of last year's graduates had job offers, but that only 70 percent of Mira Vista seniors who reported that they planned to seek employment had jobs within three months after graduation, and only half of these graduates were employed in their major fields of study. This argument is problematic in several critical respects.

...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre