The following appeared in a newspaper feature story. "At the small, nonprofit hospital in the town of Saluda, the average length of a patient's stay is two days; at the large, for-profit hospital in the nearby city of Megaville, the average patient stay i

The following appeared in a newspaper feature story.

"At the small, nonprofit hospital in the town of Saluda, the average length of a patient's stay is two days; at the large, for-profit hospital in the nearby city of Megaville, the average patient stay is six days. Also, the cure rate among patients in the Saluda hospital is about twice that of the Megaville hospital. The Saluda hospital has more employees per patient than the hospital in Megaville, and there are few complaints about service at the local hospital. Such data indicate that treatment in smaller, nonprofit hospitals is more economical and of better quality than treatment in larger, for-profit hospitals." - GRE Argument 88

This newspaper story concludes that the small, nonprofit hospital in Saluda provides more efficient, better-quality care than the for-profit hospital in Megaville. To justify this conclusion the author cites the following comparisons between the Saluda hospital and the Megaville hospital: At the Saluda hospital the average length of a patient's stay is shorter, the cure rate and employee-patient ratio are both higher, and the number of complaints from patients is lower. However, careful consideration of these facts reveals that they fail to justify the author's conclusion.

In the first p...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre