The following appeared as a recommendation by a committee planning a ten-year budget for the city of Calatrava."The birthrate in our city is declining: in fact, last year's birthrate was only one-half that of five years ago. Thus the number of students en

The following appeared as a recommendation by a committee planning a ten-year budget for the city of Calatrava.

"The birthrate in our city is declining: in fact, last year's birthrate was only one-half that of five years ago. Thus the number of students enrolled in our public schools will soon decrease dramatically, and we can safely reduce the funds budgeted for education during the next decade. At the same time, we can reduce funding for athletic playing fields and other recreational facilities. As a result, we will have sufficient money to fund city facilities and programs used primarily by adults, since we can expect the adult population of the city to increase."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author contends plausibly in this argument that they will have sufficient money to fund city facilities and programs used mainly by adults, due to a prediction of increasing population of the adults in the city. However, this argument remains flawed based on a lack of evidence of the author's omission of validity of the reasons he quotes after a close scrutiny.

First off, the threshold problem is that the fact that last year's birth-rate was only one-half that of five years ago could expound on nothing related with the trend of birth-rate. For example, it's possible that the birth-ra...

Sentence: Thus the author should pay a close heed to the evidence of the all five years' birth rate indicating a gradual decrease in the city, otherwise it's not possible to predict the decrease of the birth rate of next year, let alone that of the next decade.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, pre-quantifier
Suggestion: Refer to the and all

Sentence: This assumption could only be true in a situation where the adults in this city are so different from ones outside the city that either they almost don't value the athletic playing fields for daily use, or they are too lazy to take exercise.
Description: The token that is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to that and either
Description: A Single quote is not usually followed by an adjective, superlative
Suggestion: Refer to ' and t

Sentence: The author contends plausibly in this argument that they will have sufficient money to fund city facilities and programs used mainly by adults, due to a prediction of increasing population of the adults in the city.
Error: plausibly Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: First off, the threshold problem is that the fact that last year's birth-rate was only one-half that of five years ago could expound on nothing related with the trend of birth-rate.
Error: birth-rate Suggestion: birth rate
Error: one-half Suggestion: one half

Sentence: Unless we are provided with evidence concerning reassurance of controls of students outside the city, this argument scarcely convinces anyone that the number of students could decrease along with the birth rate.
Error: reassurance Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Only then could the author claim unequivocally that they could focus mainly on funding the city facilities and programs solely used by adults through convincible evidence demonstrating an increase of the number of adults in this city.
Error: convincible Suggestion: No alternate word

flaw: