The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im

The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants.

"Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little impact on our customers. In fact, only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. Furthermore, many servers have reported that a number of customers who ask for butter do not complain when they are given margarine instead. Clearly, either these customers do not distinguish butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine."

Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.
________________________________________

I agree with the author’s explanations, in support of him I will give some more alternative explanations. The fact said that butter had replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurant; however, that change had little impact on their customers. The author gave an explanation for the fact. He said that either these customers did not able to distinguished butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine. Here, I will give some alternative explanations supporting his thought.

In report it was said that about two percent of the customers had complained, indicated that an average of ninety eight people out of hundred were happy with the change. The author did not give any explanation for this fact. My view in this case tells that the customers were happy because the customer might be wanted that change. Margarine is made from vegetable oil. It contains low cholesterol content. Butter, in other hand, is made from animal fat, so it contains high cholesterol content. Scientist complains that margarine is healthier than butter. That ninety-eight percent customer might be aware with the benefits of margarine. They might be wanted the change therefore didn’t complained when butter was replaced by margarine.

Furthermore, many servers have reported that a number of customers who ask for butter do not complain when they are given margarine instead. The author explained this fact by saying that the customers did not able to distinguished butter from margarine. However, the author did not explain why the customer could not be able to make such a distinction. One possibility clearly explains this fact, since margarine and butter are similar in taste and appearance the customer could not be able to distinguish butter from margarine.

In summary, the author gave partial description to support the fact. The explanations given by author were correct but not sufficient.

Sentence: He said that either these customers did not able to distinguished butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and distinguished

Sentence: The author explained this fact by saying that the customers did not able to distinguished butter from margarine.