The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In the given passage author has highlighted that a news channel losses its popularity in late night news program . Over the one year the news channel devoted more time to national news instead of local news and weather channel. As a result the number of the viewer decreasing and the channel also loosing its revenue from advertisement. In this situation the channel want to revert in their old pattern of late night news. Though author's claim has some merit we need some specific evidence to accept the arguments.

Primarily, the reason is not clear why the news channel want to change their news pattern in their late night show. It may be possible that the news channel is gradually expanding their coverage from local to national level. So to attract more viewer they are changing their news pattern to national news channel from local news. But we need some proper evidence to strengthen this assumption.

Secondly, the reliablity of the complaints are questionable. Because there are no way to verify their reliability. It may be possible that those complaints are actually representing a small fraction of audiances. So those complaint may not be important. Different audiances have different choices. It may be possible there are larger fraction of audiances those actually like the national news instead of their local counterpart.

Finally, the remeady is not convincing. Because changing the program pattern will not give any gurantee that those audiances will come back again. It may be possible in that one year they have already found their suitable news channel. So it is very improbable they will switch again to this news channel. Morover there may be other serious issue also. Like it may be possible that the picture or sound quality of those late night show may be poor quality due to some technical problem and the news channel are not aware of it. We need proper evidence that there are no other issue regarding the decrese in viewer number in late night show.

In conclusion , we can say that author has to provide more detailed evidence to make his arguments more acceptable. Otherwise it will provide a little support. Changing the program pattern again and again will ensure a little revenue gain . So the goal of the news channel may not be full filled.

Sentence: In this situation the channel want to revert in their old pattern of late night news.
Description: The fragment channel want to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace want with verb, past tense

Sentence: Primarily, the reason is not clear why the news channel want to change their news pattern in their late night show.

Sentence: Like it may be possible that the picture or sound quality of those late night show may be poor quality due to some technical problem and the news channel are not aware of it.
Description: The word due is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to due
Description: The fragment the news channel is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: We need proper evidence that there are no other issue regarding the decrese in viewer number in late night show.
Description: The fragment no other issue is not usually preceded by are

Sentence: Secondly, the reliablity of the complaints are questionable.
Error: reliablity Suggestion: reliability

Sentence: It may be possible that those complaints are actually representing a small fraction of audiances.
Error: may Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: audiances Suggestion: audiences

Sentence: Different audiances have different choices.
Error: audiances Suggestion: audiences

Sentence: It may be possible there are larger fraction of audiances those actually like the national news instead of their local counterpart.
Error: audiances Suggestion: audiences

Sentence: Because changing the program pattern will not give any gurantee that those audiances will come back again.
Error: audiances Suggestion: audiences
Error: gurantee Suggestion: guarantee

Error: decrese Suggestion: decrease