The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the s

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with the station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, several local businesses that used to run advertisements during our late-night news program have just cancelled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand the coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."

Late-night news programs have increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news over the past year. It is unknown as to why the change was incorporated in the first place by the television station.Maybe there was less news to cover on a daily basis, pertaining to weather and local happenings as compared to national news.Why this change was made over the past year and not before that is also not known.

Most complaints received from viewers is said to be about the station's coverage of weather and local news.First and foremost,there is no information about the nature or content of the complaints from viewers.The viewers could have complained about the quality of the news coverage, the quality of the news readers, etc. More evidence on this aspect is needed to bolster the argument.

Local businesses that used to advertise the late night news program could have cancelled their advertising contracts with the television stations for varying reasons which are not stated in the argument.Late night programs may have less number of viewers due to the time in which it is broadcasted. Local businesses may have switched their contracts to day-time programmes as the latter may have more viewership than the late night news program thus bringing more revenue for the businesses. It is also possible that the local businesses may have signed contracts with other competing television channels for better financial prospects.

Thus, to conclude that restoring time devoted to weather and local news will attract more viewers and will aid in avoiding advertising revenue losses is a mere assumption on the part of the authot. Supporting evidence needs to be clear as to what viewers complained about in the first place, why the advertising companies cancelled their contracts and why the time devoted to weather and local news was decreased.

Sentence: Local businesses may have switched their contracts to day-time programmes as the latter may have more viewership than the late night news program thus bringing more revenue for the businesses.
Error: viewership Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: day-time Suggestion: daytime