The following recommendation appeared in a memo from the mayor of the town of Hopewell."Two years ago, the nearby town of Ocean View built a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. During the past two years, tourism in Ocean View has increased, new bu

The following recommendation appeared in a memo from the mayor of the town of Hopewell.

"Two years ago, the nearby town of Ocean View built a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. During the past two years, tourism in Ocean View has increased, new businesses have opened there, and Ocean View's tax revenues have risen by 30 percent. Therefore, the best way to improve Hopewell's economy—and generate additional tax revenues—is to build a golf course and resort hotel similar to those in Ocean View."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The argument with conclusion that Hopewell should build a golf course and resort hotel is weak. It is based on the premise that the nearby town of Ocean View built them two years ago, and that tourism in Ocean View has increased, new businesses have opened there, andits tax revenues have risen by 30 percent during the past two years. However, there are many missed assumptions needed to be stated, as explained in the following paragraphs.

First, the assumption that the environment of Hopewell suits to the golf course. As the requirement of building a golf course, the circumstances of Hopwell should have a wide-range of grassland, some smoooth hills, and less trees. The success of a golf course relies greatly on these environmental conditions. If the assumption is proved to be true, then there is a high hance the devopment will result in profit. However, if it fails to fall in the catagory, the recommendation will be nullified. Although how crucial it is, it is hidden in the argument.

Furthermore, in order to encourage tourists to travel there, there is still a missed assumption that people will take a vocation there because the entertainment of golf activities. On the contrary, people may not go there for playing golf. For example, there is no guarantee that the town called Hopewell is not well-known for a huge, magnificent shopping mall. If it is the case, which may make the assumotion unwarranted, the tourists might go there simply for enjoying shopping. If it is happenly the case, the conclusion will be wrong.

In addition, there still are many factors of the thrive of the business, say, the assumption that the traffic is good and may attract a lot of tourists. Providing that the traffic situation is so bad, say the roads are rough and tortuous, that results in the scanty of travelers as well as visitors. In this case, the improvement of facility such as a golf course and a resort hotel won't help increase the tourism, leaving the waste of budget and probably dilapidated building to come.

In the end, the argument is rather weak. However, if the assumptions mentioned above are certified, it will be greatly strengthened. Therefore, there is no way to accept the recommendation. Stop the action until further demonstration.

Sentence: It is based on the premise that the nearby town of Ocean View built them two years ago, and that tourism in Ocean View has increased, new businesses have opened there, andits tax revenues have risen by 30 percent during the past two years.
Error: andits Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: As the requirement of building a golf course, the circumstances of Hopwell should have a wide-range of grassland, some smoooth hills, and less trees.
Error: smoooth Suggestion: smooth

Sentence: If the assumption is proved to be true, then there is a high chance the devopment will result in profit.
Error: devopment Suggestion: development

Sentence: However, if it fails to fall in the catagory, the recommendation will be nullified.
Error: catagory Suggestion: category

Sentence: If it is the case, which may make the assumotion unwarranted, the tourists might go there simply for enjoying shopping.
Error: assumotion Suggestion: assumption