The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

Essay topics: The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

gre13's picture

The advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company (SSMPC) argues that in order to increase the number of clients, the company should spend more money on advertising. He buttresses his argument by a report from the marketing department about an increased percentage of positive reviews, and claims that it is the lack of awareness that lies at the heart of lower attendance rates. However, in order to gauge his recommendation many questions must be answered. Is advertising an efficient tool in convincing people to go to the cinema? Why has the percentage of positive opinions increased? Is unawarness the only cause of lower attendance rates?

The director argues that ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.