The following was used as part of an internet advertising company's appeal to businesses: Furniture Depot employed our internet advertising company to help. Since then its sales increased by 10% over last year's totals. Furniture Depot's success demonstra

The following was used as part of an internet advertising company's appeal to businesses: Furniture Depot employed our internet advertising company to help. Since then its sales increased by 10% over last year's totals. Furniture Depot's success demonstrates how using our internet services can increase your profitability.

The argument by the Internet Advertising Company states that due to Furniture Depot's hiring their services, the Furniture Depot's sales have increased. Thus hiring of the internet service company's services will increase profits of other companies as well. But this argument is riddled with holes as it makes several assumptions which may not be true and also fails to provide sufficient data or evidence to prove the claim,

While Furniture Depot did have an increase in sales by 10% it does not necessarily mean it was due to the Advertising provided by the Internet Advertising Company. There may have been other factors which lead to improved sales like other discount offer, other forms of advertising and also may be due to a new and attractive product being launched.

Also the argument states that sales had gone up but it does not actually state what change had occurred in regards to Furniture Depot's profitability. It may be so that Furniture Depot had to reduce prices in order to sell their products but in doing so gained lower profit than before they had done internet advertising.

Finally we may question that while the Internet Advertising may have boosted the profits for Furniture Depot, the same may not be true for other companies who sell different type of products or provide vastly different service. Plus this one advertising campaign may well have been a fluke and thus other company advertisements may not reap same benefits.

If the Advertising company had provided more data and statistics showing considerable profits for a diverse set of companies who used this advertising and profited only by this advertising, it may have been able to lend more credibility to their claim. Without such data this just seems to be an eyewash to net more business and fails to convince readers.

argument 1 and argument 2 are duplicated.

----------------

ttribute Value Ideal