The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of developers in the city of Monroe."A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; t

The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of developers in the city of Monroe.

"A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; thus, the proposed new jazz club in Monroe, the C-Note, would have the local market all to itself. Plus, jazz is extremely popular in Monroe: over 100,000 people attended Monroe's annual jazz festival last summer; several well-known jazz musicians live in Monroe; and the highest-rated radio program in Monroe is 'Jazz Nightly,' which airs every weeknight at 7 P.M. Finally, a nationwide study indicates that the typical jazz fan spends close to $1,000 per year on jazz entertainment."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The application for the loan put forward by the developer group is based on many baseless assumptions. There are quite a few points put forward that needs more support before blindly accepting the application.

The author simply assumes in the argument that C-Note will be a profitable enterprise because people in Monroe love Jazz and the nearest Jazz club is 65 miles away. However no strong evidence is being put forward to prove the love of Jazz among Monroe people. Just saying that 100,000 people attended the annual jazz festival in Monroe is no indication of its popularity. It is not known...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre