Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y

Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

The assertion that governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future is a controversial one. On one hand, it is very important to solve current issues hampering the country instead of focusing on the future problems. On the other hand, if government pays attention to anticipated problems, than it would be very much helpful in developing the nation as more problems can be avoided in future if they are sorted out on very first hand. However in the final analysis, it is much more beneficial if government put forwards its resources in solving the vulnerable present and on-going issues rather than putting in much more effort for anticipated ones.

Firstly, it is well known that today is the best time to begin any work. Government should undoubtedly focus on current issues and use their resources to curb them. For example, issues like poverty, education, malnutrition, etcetera should be addressed first instead of putting more focus on long term planning. If current issues of malnutrition are not looked upon with more importance than in coming days, it will convert into a bigger health issue in near future. If proper focus is not put on educational reforms then it will prove to be serious blow to literacy rate.

Moreover, government should currently focus on funding the employment sector more and more rather than increasing funding for scientific research for making innovations that would be helpful in future to avoid the rise of unemployment on larger scale. Similarly, government should prioritise its focus any unfortunate calamity prone area more than developing any non-affected region. Also, issues like fuel crises, economic and social reforms await immediate action and planning. These issues on not being looked upon properly in current time would hamper any nation’s progress in upcoming years.

However, focusing on future problems is also of very much importance in this modern world. Focusing on anticipated issues and problems created due to global warming or any natural calamities is equally important. Being oblivious of such problems would lead to more and more chaos in the country. For example, it is far more tactical to take constructive actions for issues like flood or earthquake rather than waiting for it and then spending more money and manpower to overcome it when it actually occurs. For example, defence planning should be done by anticipating future issues that could strike the nation. One cannot wait for any rival country to attack with lethal weapon. Instead, scientific research should be triggered to overcome such issues.

To sum up, it is necessary that a country focuses on anticipated problems of future but it is very much important to look into present problems first because if present problems are overlooked, then they would harbinger bigger future chaos and problems.

'On the other hand' means However. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.