Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take

Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Thousands of high schools are free for students so that all children have chance to study regardless the poor or the rich. However, a free higher education is a controversial issue. I disagree that tuitions and fees are free for any students who are not able to pay for following reasons.

Although education is the greatest concern of not only the government but also the entire society, not many countries in the world can support a huge amount of money for higher education. The limited state budget might have become more limited since the government pours the vast majority of the money into education. Consequently, vital social benefits, such as health care and infrastructure will be in a low-quality condition because of lacking a proper investment. When financial support from the government is limited, poor families may have less chance to afford their children’s study in high schools. So, how can these children go to universities since they do not have any high school diplomas to get free study in higher education?

It is not easy to separate the boundary between who can afford and who does not, especially in developing countries where financial systems are not transparent enough. Also, the corruption might turn those who can really pay tuition and fees into those who can not in order to take advantage of the government policy. And, the poor might have a little chance to have documents to indicate they should be supported.

Not many countries in the world have implemented the policy. Fact is that many notable universities in the U.S., such as Emory, MIT, and Harvard offer scholarship and assistantship for a large number of students with their own budget, not from the government. Such great way might create more dynamic environment for study and research where every student needs to try hard to get free study not because of their financial situation.