You are hereGovernments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take

Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take

nivi1991's picture

By nivi1991 - Posted on 31 July 2012

Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

The recommendation that the government of a country should offer free university education to students who have secured admission but cannot afford the tuition fee, is indeed a noble one. By offering such a waiver, students belonging to all economic strata would be encouraged to pursue their dreams, unfettered by financial constraints.

An ideal society is one where equal opportunities are given to all irrespective of gender, race, caste, creed or financial status. The above mentioned policy would play an important role in achieving the same. To state an example, a hardworking and capable student belonging to a economically backward family, will be forced to give up his dreams due to inability to afford the expenses involved. The country, thereby, looses a vauble asset. If the student had been able to pursue his dreams he/she would have served the society as a doctor. Therefore, offering free education to capable students who are not able to afford it, is merely an investment that the government is making to build the society of the future.

Also, this burden of affordability would be lifted off the shoulders of youngters previously constrainted by monetary reasons. This would enable them to concentrate on their academics, perform to their potential and follow their dream. Human resources are considered the most valuble resources that any country pocesses and shapes the economy of the country. The mentioned policy will prove to be an effective tool to extract the talent of the nation and benefit the generations to come.

Additionally, offering free education to the deserving but downtrodden students would help them secure jobs that are well paying, thereby increasing the income of their family. A child from a family of daily wage workers, if offered such opportunities might study and become an engineer or lawyer, and earn many times the money that his/her parents ever earned. This could help in gradually bridging the gap between the rich and the poor in the society.

In summary, offering free education to the deserving is a policy that will prove to be beneficial to both the students and the society at large. All countries should adopt this policy as a measure towards a brighter future.