Group #1: Analysis of ArgumentTThe following was used as part of an internet advertising company's appeal to businesses: Furniture Depot employed our internet advertising company to help. Since then its sales increased by 10% over last year's totals. Furn

Group #1: Analysis of Argument
TThe following was used as part of an internet advertising company's appeal to businesses: Furniture Depot employed our internet advertising company to help. Since then its sales increased by 10% over last year's totals. Furniture Depot's success demonstrates how using our internet services can increase your profitability.

Describe how well reasoned you find this argument. In the discussion be sure to analyze the line of reasoning and the use of evidence in the argument. For example, you may need to consider what questionable assumptions underlie the thinking and what alternative explanations or counterexamples might weaken the argument's conclusion. You may also address possible changes in the argument that would make it more logically sound, and what, if anything, would help you better evaluate its conclusion.

Internet advertising has become very important in today's world of advertising where a large percentage of consumers use the internet on a day to day basis.In the passage above the author states how an internet advertising company helped increase the sales of a Furniture Depot.

The author makes a statement on a biased outlook. He believes that increase in sales happened in the furniture Depot was due to the advertising in its internet services.

He has ignored many other possibilities while making such a statement. It usually a market trend to increase consumption on goods as time passes, as the income of consumers increase day by day. So a 10% growth is not extraordinary in such a scenario. The furniture depot may have used many other mediums of advertising and thus increased its presence in the mind of the consumer. It has employed the internet services demonstrates that the intention of the depot to increase it advertising expenditure. So increase in sales is an obvious result.

Furniture depot may also be stocking up better and improved products in its store so consumers are taking more interest in the Depot, and thus increasing sales.

It may have employed better salesmen thus giving a better shopping experience for the consumer so sales increased. The services of the Depot may have also improved, so the sales have increased.

Though the internet service may have helped boosting up sales in the Furniture Depot but the internet advertising company may be going too far to state that its advertising campaign is the reason for its.

Sentence: It has employed the internet services demonstrates that the intention of the depot to increase it advertising expenditure.
Description: The fragment services demonstrates that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace demonstrates with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive