It is an argument based task. plzzzz check it....

The author proposes that the Batavia government should begin to regulate retail milk prices to ensure both lower prices and an adequate supply of milk for customers. In order to support this conclusion, author has come up with certain evidences. However, on a deeper scrutiny it is revealed that none of the evidences lend credible support to the conclusion. Let us scrutinize them further.

Firstly, the author talks about the number of dairy farms through the country is now 25% greater than it was 10 years ago to support the conclusion. However, the argument depends on the assumption that the number of dairy farms also increased in the Batavia. Yet the author provide no evidence to support this assumption. It is possible that the number of dairy farms do not increase in the Batavia. Without eliminating this possibility, author cannot rely on the conclusion.

Secondly, the author talks about the price of the milk at the local Excello food market has increased from $1.50 to over $3.00 per gallon. However, the argument depends on the assumption that due to the increase in the price of milk, profit also increased. Yet the author provide no evidence to support this assumption. It is possible that the increased price of milk do not increase the profit.

Thirdly, the author talks about to prevent farmers from continuing to receive excessive profits on the apparently increased supply of milk. However, the argument rely on the assumption that the increased supply of milk also increased milk profits. Yet the author provide no evidence to support this assumption. It is possible that profits may be same as it was before, it does not increased as excessive as author says. Or it may be the possibility that the increase in prices is not because of farmers it may be because of retailers or any other reason.

In conclusion, the author's argument is unpersuasive. To strengthen it the author must provide more convincing evidences that the number of dairy farms also increased in Batavia. The author must provide clear statistical evidence that the profits are excessive and how the proposed regulation is necessary to ensure both lower prices and an adequate supply of milk for consumers.

Sentence: Yet the author provide no evidence to support this assumption.
Description: The fragment author provide no is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace provide with verb, past tense

What is the essay topic?

There is a button 'Edit' beside the button 'View'. Click it and you can put the essay topic.