It is the artist, not the critic,* who gives society something of lasting value. *a person who evaluates works of art, such as novels, films, music, paintings, etc. - GRE Issue 60

This statement asserts that art, not the art critic, provides something of lasting value to society. I strongly agree with the statement. Although the critic can help us understand and appreciate art, more often than not, critique is either counterproductive to achieving the objective of art or altogether irrelevant to that objective.

To support the statement the speaker might point out the three ostensible functions of the art critic. First, critics can help us understand and interpret art; a critic who is familiar with a particular artist and his or her works might have certain insight...

Sentence: The value of this function is especiaUy suspect.
Error: especiaUy Suggestion: especially

Sentence: Besides, true appreciation of art occurs at the moment we encounter art; it is the emotional, even visceral impact that art has on our senses, spirits, and souls that is the real value of art.
Error: visceral Suggestion: visual

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre