Law should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times and places.

Law is what governs the social behavior of the people, restricts their misdeeds and curbs their urges to commit crime. It serves the dual purpose of guiding the people to behave correctly and suggesting the punishments for those who do not.

Law has been created to protect the victims and punish the culprits. Even though, most of the cases are solved simply by abiding by the rules, there are certain cases when the reality so entangled and covert that, unveiling the truth becomes an ordeal. I do not think that law should be flexible to take into account the various circumstances, times and places. The culprits might use this flexibility to find the loopholes in the case and strengthen the defense in their favor, thus corrupting the main aim of punishment of wrong doers.

For example, if a person A, commits a culpable homicide amounting to murder and hence kills B, ideally he/she should be executed or imprisoned, but he misuses the flexibility of law to save himself from punishment and becomes a free citizen. This is not justice.

If justice is to be served, then strictness should be followed, lest the criminals should be free. This plasticity of law not only serves justice to the victims, but also deters prospective criminals. It forces them to take the law seriously and not for granted.

Law has been created by mankind, with a view to control misdeeds. Several professions have evolved due to law like that of lawyers, advocates, consultants, paralegals, law enforcers etc. It is a boon and a blessing. Thus, to summarize and conclude, law is our guiding light which should be followed stringently to make our lives comfortable.