Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developi

Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places. Judgments can make or break a persons life, hence careful considerations must be taken before acting out. A person reacts to a situation taking into account the scenario, time and place. Hence a crime committed may not be as heinous as it may appear to be, or vice verse.Hence lawmakers must make laws that are flexible and thus judicious.

Circumstantial evidence plays a major role during criminal trials. For example , if a person commits murder to defend himself he should not be punished. The circumstances made him choose the best thing for himself, even if that meant eliminating the source of danger. If the laws are not flexible enough then the person may be persecuted with murder charges,which can destroy his life.During the 1982 Sikh riots in India, the law and order was in the dumps. Rampant crimes against the Sikh community were committed by provoking people against them. Instead of charging the people who committed the crimes, the masterminds should have been tried.The gullible people deserve a plea for clemency, as they were only acting under their emotions.

The modern world has advanced tremendously. The laws have to keep up with this pace. Many of the laws that exist today have been devised ages ago. Those laws may be pertinent during those times, but may turn out to be wrong if applied to modern times. Frequent amendments of such a large database of laws is also not feasible. hence laws should be designed in such a way that they are flexible enough,thus serving their purpose for a longer duration.

laws also need to be flexible according to the places the crimes are committed. For example it is a crime to spit in public in Singapore, for which a fine amounts to thousands of dollars and even jail. A person coming from a third world country like India or Africa may not be informed about it. He may not be literate enough to read the signs or understand the law on the first day of his visit.Hence the law must be flexible enough to take into account such situations

In conclusion, laws are present to give justice to the innocent people. if they fail to do so then they are of no use. The justice system should not be jaundiced and must take into account each and every situation.only then can justice be served to everyone.