You are here“Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places”

“Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places”

mehrotravidhi8's picture

By mehrotravidhi8 - Posted on 02 April 2012

Law is a system of rules and guidelines which are enforced through social institutions to govern behavior, wherever possible. It shapes politics, economics and society in numerous ways and serves as a social mediator of relations between people. A law when enforced is common to every individual. Need it be flexible to certain individuals it would create biasness on account of the government that has enforced the law.I am not in favor of the author's statement that states laws should be flexible enough to take account various circumstances, times and places.

The laws incorporated around the globe are not restricted to one’s territory but also there are certain laws formed by the international organizations that all the countries should abide to.

For example, in the use of nuclear technology there are certain rules and regulations a country must follow in order to acquire the technology. Nobody can forget the catastrophic and destructive effects of atom bombs that were dropped on the Japanese soil by the United States in the year 1945 during the World War II. This resulted in the United Nations forming more firm and stringent laws for the restricted use of nuclear technology. The countries that want to acquire this technology for the production of power and energy have to abide by the laws that have been framed by these organizations. Otherwise there would be more incidences that would cause more human calamity.

Talking about India, the country has been struggling to strike off its name from the list of developing countries and enter itself into the developed country. The reason for this is the growth of the country is being halted by the weak legal system. The constitution does have the laws but incorporation of those laws is just negligible. Corruption in india can be referred to the termites that has made the infrastructure of the country hollow from within. The country still suffers to pass a more stringent and firm anticorruption law. This is due to the leniency and the flexibility of the law makers and the government who fear to be abdicated from power if they impose a more stringent law over the people. They resist to the corrupt practices, greed to be in power.

The only thing that is constant is change and with changing times one should make some amendments within the law as well. For example, homosexuality which was once considered a taboo within the Indian society is now being discussed quiet openly among societies. In recent years, attitudes towards homosexuality have shifted slightly. There have been amendments within the law that has made the country more vocal about this subject. The country made amendments and has made it legal for the protection of homosexuals and this has also helped the nation to curb down on sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS.

In today’s world where everybody is trying to pull each other down, where disharmony, greed and anger persist, there should be more firm laws. But, as people are progressing towards future, amendments and changes could be brought about within the laws keeping in view that once a law is framed it should be followed by every individual within the society.

Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher dhanu
Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently soran942 sticky icon
The following appeared in a report presented for discussion at a meeting of the directors of a company that manufactures parts for heavy machinery:The falling revenues that the company is experiencing coincide with delays in manufacturing. These delays, i ambarish55
Question authority. Only by questioning accepted wisdom can we advance our understanding of the world. ghazalaz
The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f swatik
"DKLA was the innovator in the market for casual women's business apparel. Smith & Co. was once the leader in that market with $2 billion in sales until styles changed and Smith & Co.'s clothes went out of fashion. DKLA can also be expected to fail, espec zen123 sticky icon
Argument Essay-->A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimulating situations (such as an encounter with an unfamiliar monkey), firstbor smartaquarius10
Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position simranbaby25 sticky icon
Argument(5): The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette:One Balmer island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of acc untermrad
Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities. maryam2900

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a Thupten Tsering GMAT/GRE
Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. - GRE Issue 119 six11 GMAT/GRE
Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be tTONY FRANKIE GMAT/GRE
Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. wasainika17 GMAT/GRE
Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated. f26194572 GMAT/GRE
It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a JackoMany Maste... GMAT/GRE
Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general piyus GMAT/GRE
GMAT Analysis essay - An ailing patient should have easy access to his or doctor’s record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat the ... Sree999 sticky icon GMAT/GRE
Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa sh_shashi1 GMAT/GRE
A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. patil.akh@gmail.com GMAT/GRE

The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Maulik Modi GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were abundant numbers of each species. However, in 2002 only four species darsh GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Historians and other social scientists are as useful to society as are the biochemists and engineers because society's ill cannot be cured by technological progresses alone. ana-mika sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"The birthrate in our city is declining: in fact, last year's birthrate was only one-half that of five years ago. Thus the number of students enrolled in our public schools will soon decrease dramatically, and we can safely reduce the funds budgeted for e darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the executives need and the success of their firms. Of the advertisin darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. Hma GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals. marjunak666 GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"People most respect the powerful not when they exercise their power, but when they refrain from exercising it."Write an essay in which you develop and support a position on the statement above. In writing your essay, you should consider both when the sta Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them not by their contemporaries. fjalalit GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The following is from a recent email by the Diord Corp. Human Resources l\Ianager: "Tobor Technologies found that mental health problems and mental illness were responsible for about 15 percent of employee sick days. Tobor amended its employee insurance p Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Argument Task

People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve rohan01 sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed sindz03 GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently marjan.ghotbi GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser.“We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun-Beem’s improved formula. Without an enormous media blitz, including televis rohan01 GMAT/GRE Argument Task

Sentence: Need it be flexible to certain individuals it would create biasness on account of the government that has enforced the law.I am not in favor of the author's statement that states laws should be flexible enough to take account various circumstances, times and places.
Error: biasness Suggestion: biases

Sentence: The country still suffers to pass a more stringent and firm anticorruption law.
Error: anticorruption Suggestion: No alternate word