The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The luxuries and conveninences of contemporary life actually helps people become strong and independent individuals. Thomas Hobbes noted that the life of man is nasty, solitary, poor, brutish and short. Today, this assertion no longer holds because of the progress society has made. Conviences such as electricity, the internet, air transportation, smartphoned and even calculators has enabled humanity to further develop and progress.

For instance, in the areas of research and development, we are better off than where we were before. As researchers we are freed from mundane time consuming tasks. Before the discovery of statistical software, calculations such as regressions and econometrics were done long hand and were subject to errors. However, these softwares have made calculations easier and errors are easily identified. In addition, differents ideas and thesis can be identified and pursued easily. As an example, if I was researching on the causes of a phenomenon in the 1920s it would be more difficult for me to pursue an interesting discovery in the course of my research than now. Presently, it is possible to analyze my original idea and my discovery thanks to the availability of softwares. Thus i am able to fully utilize my skills and capabilities.

Also, technological inventions has improved our standards of living and enabled us to lead better lives. A working mother for instance can have it all as a result of the luxuries of our present life. She can use cookers, microwaves to prepare meals in a short time for her family, bond with them and also fulfill her work requirements. This is better than the era when women had to choose between careers and families.

Also, the luxuries and conveniences of modern day life help us to build our faculties and explore new possibilities and opportunities. We have more time to develop our mental faculties and explore life and art. Ages ago, there was no information on the impact humans had on the earth. Now, such information is available because people have more time to think and explore. The area of medicine has also benefiited from the conveniences modern life provides, people –if they choose- can make better health choices, patients are more informed and there are support groups available that help people survive and cope with life issues.

Despite the advantages of modern life, it has disadvanatages such as making people lazier or proscastinating. Today, we cannot imagine lives withour the internet and smartphones and our over-reliance on these devices may weaken us mentally. For instance, rather than do a mental sum off hand, I would use a calculator. Thus, i lose the mental fitness of exercising my brains.

In conclusion, the luxuries of modern life has created better lives for individuals. If used wisely, people can develop and become strong and independent beings. The trick is in the balance.

Sentence: In addition, differents ideas and thesis can be identified and pursued easily.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to differents and ideas

Sentence: As an example, if I was researching on the causes of a phenomenon in the 1920s it would be more difficult for me to pursue an interesting discovery in the course of my research than now.
Description: The fragment , if I is not usually followed by was
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace was with were

Sentence: The luxuries and conveninences of contemporary life actually helps people become strong and independent individuals.
Error: conveninences Suggestion: conveniences

Error: differents Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The area of medicine has also benefiited from the conveniences modern life provides, people if they choose- can make better health choices, patients are more informed and there are support groups available that help people survive and cope with life issues.
Error: benefiited Suggestion: benefited

Sentence: Despite the advantages of modern life, it has disadvanatages such as making people lazier or proscastinating.
Error: disadvanatages Suggestion: disadvantages
Error: proscastinating Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Today, we cannot imagine lives withour the internet and smartphones and our over-reliance on these devices may weaken us mentally.
Error: may Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: withour Suggestion: without

No. of Words: 471 350 (maybe less words)