The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Whether human beings should rely on conveniences of technology and enjoy the luxury of contemporary life or we ought to treat the children of modern life with Luddite attitude is a long-standing debate. The above statement favors the latter response, claiming that luxury and convenience of modern life is responsible for the weakness and dependency of contemporary human. I do disagree with the statement because it depends on how we use such advances of modern life rather than the advances themselves that are responsible for our weakness and dependence.

The luxury and convenience of contemporary life give us the tools and time to flourish our physical and mental strength. Firstly, with conveniences ones can use their time more efficiently, so they have extra time to take care of themselves like doing exercise, going out with our friends and playing with their kids. Secondly, conveniences expand the accessibility of information and training sessions to mostly everyone. One prudent example is X-box sport, with which you can practice your favorite sports with virtual skillful trainers at your home and at the time that fits your schedule inexpensively; also you able to track your performance easily without the need of expensive machine. Finally, the luxury such as flowers, decoration, beautiful clothes, adorns your spiritual life and frees you from daily stressful hassles, at least in moments.

However, like anything else, the convenience and luxury of contemporary life is a double-edge sword - the misuse or overuse of such advances push their user not stronger but weaker. The technologies, let say TVs and internet, allow us to access to information easier but they also entice us to engage in more lazier and unhealthier lifestyle. For instance, less people nowadays do exercises or go out for social interaction in their free time compared to the past where Tv or computer games were not available. And as the result, obesity and heart disease become more common in our world today. In addition, less social contact also makes our mental life poorer and harsher. Therefore, our beings, if is not strong enough to overcome such enticements, would eventually depend on the technology. To be strong and unsusceptible to the side effects of technology, we have to set disciplines to ourselves from young and educate our kids so that they are aware of the consequences of technology misuse and know how to uses convenience properly.

In conclusion, the luxury and convenience of modern life present us both the benefits and possible bad consequences. It is the way we use them that determined whether we become weaker and dependent or truly strong and independence.

Sentence: To be strong and unsusceptible to the side effects of technology, we have to set disciplines to ourselves from young and educate our kids so that they are aware of the consequences of technology misuse and know how to uses convenience properly.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to to and uses