Many lives might be saved if inoculations against cow flu were routinely administered to all people in areas where the disease is detected. However, since there is a small possibility that person will die as a result of the inoculations, we cannot permit

Many lives might be saved if inoculations against cow flu were routinely administered to all people in areas where the disease is detected. However, since there is a small possibility that person will die as a result of the inoculations, we cannot permit inoculations against cow flu to be routinely administered.
discuss if this arguement is warranted or not.

The argument presents a very concerning issue that has to be dealt with by the health authorities. Administration of inoculations for cow flu in areas where the disease is found might help save many a lives. But there is a hindrance, a small possibility that a person might die because of the vaccinations. This is preventing the authorities from holding routine vaccination camps at these locations. A certain amount of problem areas are to be evaluated before a conclusion is formed.

A check on a particular type of blood group or content might lead to finding if there is any link between deaths and the vaccination. Also allergies of people administered to might be monitored. A positive correlation with any known allergy or blood content can help isolate cases. Although this might not make difference initially a well developed statistical data may provide help in future setting of camps so as to prevent deaths from inoculation.

The most important factor in deciding whether inoculations are to be permitted on a routine basis is the death rate in affected areas. If it is known to be much more than that in contrast to the possibility of death in case of vaccination then it would be much more safer to administer vaccines. Choosing the lesser of two evils is the only way to go about it.

Previous outbreaks can also be checked to verify if the geographically affected area is small or large. A large area might be much harder to inoculate and contain the disease. A smaller area might be much easier to control. Supply can easily reach smaller areas. Outbreak history might also provide important information on surroundings which are more prone to cow flu. Vaccinating all the people in a particular area can as of now be thought as impossible due to lots of incapabilities.

Animal testing might also lead to some interesting results. But this is considered unethical by some groups and health organisations may have to face the ire of many social outfits. All these evidence when put together will help a lot in the end decision. It is hard to choose between death rates but when dealing with insurgencies one has to be careful and immaculate.