Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system because moral behavior cannot be legislated. - GRE Issue 88

The speaker asserts that many laws are ineffective in solving society's problems because moral behavior cannot be legislated. I agree with this assertion insofar as it relates to constraints on certain personal freedoms. However, when it comes to the conduct of businesses, I think that moral behavior not only can but must be legislated for the purpose of alleviating societal problems.

Morality laws that impinge upon freedom of choice about our personal lives--to control what we do with and to ourselves--simply do not work in a democratic society. People always find ways to circumvent such ...

Sentence: In short, only govemment holds the regulatory and enforcement power to impose the standards needed to ensure moral business behavior.
Error: govemment Suggestion: government

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre