A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

There are voices from people who call for the same national curriculum offered by a nation and every students should study it before college. In my opinion, a national common core curriculum is necessary, since it may nurture well-rounded students and offer fair chances for students from different background. However, under distinct circumstances of each states, somewhat adjust is required to fit the certain needs, or the nationwide curriculum will be too rigid to work its greatest extent in the long run.

A national core curriculum, based on the aim of education which is to cultivate a well-rounded person and provide all students fundamental skills and knowledge which guarantee the fully development of each of them. Because those courses integrate various opinions from educational experts, experienced teachers and parents, they can effectively prevent some states or school to choose courses concerning solely on their specialities and other factors which maybe deviant from the purpose of teaching. In addition, the core subjects also put forward a complete and scientific standard to teachers and schools to follow and improve their instructions. Due to the facts that some states or schools lower their students' learning standards at their own will if they think they may confront criticisms from parents or media when their students fail to meet the certain level.

Secondly, a national core curriculum may mitigate social conflicts. As we know, education can offer people fairness to get the chance to make a different in themselves, especially for the students who come from a inferior background. Those courses provide a nearly impartial stage for every students and they can change their life-track for good by diligence and intelligence. However, the education like elite education may aggravate the polarization between the poor and the rich, since only the rich can afford it. Moreover, common courses can alleviate the cultural shock caused by different cultural backgrounds of students at one school. Take America as an example: each year it receives tens of thousands immigrants from all over the world, and whether their offsprings can fit in this huge melt pot will directly affect the country's future stability and development. Without receiving the regular courses, students hardly can understand, accept and even eliminate the disparity.

However, counterproductive results maybe came along if each state and school merely confined by those homogeneous curriculum without opening any other courses taking specific needs of students or local features into account. For instance, some of the students would rather step into society to find a job than attend college. To meet those students' needs, then some courses based on job hunting are essential. They will teach students specific skills like driving or cooking. On another occasion, local features sometimes play a critical role on occupational planning. For example, Hawaii, it is famous for its tourism. A large part of its students may get involved in such fields after graduating from high school. Thus, the state should also provide relative subjects besides the common courses. By this way, students will be fully prepared for their future.

In conclusion, a national core curriculum is fundamental and significant in a country. It teaches students the soundly and scientifically systematic knowledge, as well as the fairness, courage, and belief that let them insist on the basic idea of education that they can make a better life by their sedulity and sagacity. Meanwhile, under the specific circumstances, states and schools should also establish corresponding courses to fit the various demands.

(576w)