Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is

Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Food, clothing and shelter are the three basic needs of human beings. With any single basic need not being met, imbalance sets in in the life of a person. Earning to satisy the three basic needs is also a vital part in human beings' life. It is therefore necessary to suspend government funding of arts if many people in the country are hungry and unemployed. Thus, I am in support of suspending arts funding till the government takes care of the more important problems in hand.

If the government is not able to meet ends in avoiding more important matter like hunger and unemployment, then it has to take steps in the direction of improvement of those problems raher than continuing to fund arts.In a situation where significant number of people under a government are striving to find food and jobs, it is imperative for the government to take quick and necessary steps to solve the problem. If the government keeps funding arts despite being aware of the facts of hunger and unemployment, it cannot become an effective government. For example, if Zimbabwe, which is burdened by rising amounts of inflation, does not take the welfare of the people into consideration and keeps spending enormous amounts into the development of arts, it cannot be considered as a good government.

Additionally, it is the people of the nation that drives the nation forward. If these same people who are responsible for the development of the economy and the nation as a whole are kept hungry and unemployed at the cost of arts funding, then the nation on its way towards underdevelopment. If the government is not taking any steps in feeding its masses, the masses in turn cannot be expected to contribute in the development. It may lead to lots of people migrating to another place with better living and job opportunities and the nation may stand to lose valuable talent which could've taken it forward had they been taken proper care of.

Furthermore, if the artists themselves are reeling under the spell of hunger and starvation, there's no point in funding their art before bringing them out of starvation. If this is not done and the funding continues, there'll be no incentive for the artists to produce beautiful artistis works that a healthy and satisfied person can achieve. This way, the nation's overall development will be hindered.

Thus, it is important for a nation to understand its priorities and take a decision on reducing or suspending funding for arts till the problem of unemployment and hunger is solved. By doing this, the government is taking a right step because the well-being of the masses is a true indicator of the well-being of the nation.

Sentence: Earning to satisy the three basic needs is also a vital part in human beings' life.
Error: satisy Suggestion: satisfy

Sentence: If this is not done and the funding continues, there'll be no incentive for the artists to produce beautiful artistis works that a healthy and satisfied person can achieve.
Error: artistis Suggestion: artists